In celebration of National Poetry Month, the Teen Librarian is holding a poetry contest open to Springfield residents in grade 6-12.
- Individuals can only submit 1 poem each. No multiple submissions.
- No collaborative or co-authored works (i.e., 1 poem = 1 writer).
- All poetic forms accepted. Ex: haiku, free verse, acrostic, erasure, sestina, sonnet, etc.
- Poems cannot contain inappropriate language or content.
- Poems must be your own original work. Plagiarism will result in disqualification.
- Submissions should include your full name, your contact information, the poetic form used, your current grade level, and school name.
- Submissions will be accepted from Monday, April 1 to Friday, April 26. Late submissions will not be accepted.
1st Place: $15 Barnes & Noble Gift Card
2nd Place: $10 Dunkin' Donuts Gift Card