The successful candidate will:
1. Enthusiastically design, implement and conduct programs (including crafts as appropriate) for babies, toddlers, preschoolers and elementary school aged children.
2. Be an outspoken emissary for the library's summer reading program
3. Have a strong knowledge of and love for children's and young adult literature and relish the opportunity to be a part of the collection development process.
4. Enjoy helping children, teens and adults with reference questions and readers advisory
5. Participate in the library's current outreach efforts and develop new outreach opportunities
6. Enjoy being part of the planning and implementation process for special family events at the library
7. Be comfortable preparing press releases and other forms of publicity for both print and digital media
8. Work cooperatively with the library's Teen Librarian and other members of the library staff.
9. Be willing to cover the adult reference desk and help with technology issues as determined by the needs of the library
QUALIFICATIONS/REQUIREMENTS: MLS, MLIS or MIS degree from an accredited program; possession or eligibility to possess a New Jersey professional librarian's certificate; appropriate coursework in children's services as demonstrated by knowledge of children's and YA literature; ability to work one evening per week and every third Saturday. Willingness to work 3.5 hour shifts on occasional Sundays between October and May for compensation at the rate of time and a half is a plus.